Mission and Strategic Vision
The Neighborhood Network Watch is a community based organization that seeks to safeguard our nation’s public networks by establishing awareness of network traffic that may compromise or otherwise be detrimental to national security, through means of data collection and analysis.
- Identify - Identification of public networks through wireless
and wired reconnaissance in order to ascertain the geo-spatial
placement of these networks for later analysis.
- Collect - Collect large amounts of sample data from identified
public networks in order to generate the clearest possible
image of the types of network traffic flowing over these
- Understand - Use data analysis in order to find threats
to national security within the abstract data collected
from public networks within the community.
- Interpret - Discover trends in the analyzed data, in order to identify hotspots, regions, and zones in danger of being over run with terrorist network traffic or that are already hotbeds for such activity and to establish a broader more accurate situational awareness of the communities public network infrastructure.
- Protect - Protect our nation’s, state’s, and community’s networks, interests, and populous from spurious terrorist network traffic.
- Share - Collaborate with other government agencies to provide them with information on threats to national security and to be the eyes and ears for them within the networks used by our respective communities.